Editorial Board By-laws
Article 1 (Purpose)
The composition and management of the Editorial Board (hereinafter referred as the "board")
shall be decided under the Article XLVⅢ of the Korean Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance.
Article 2 (Composition)
The board, the international journal editorial board (hereinafter referred as the "English editorial board") shall consist of the following members :
- 1. One (1) Editor-in-Chief
- 2. Two (2) Associate Editor
- 3. Under twenty five (25) board members (including the editor-in-chief and associate editors)
Article 3 (Appointment and Term)
- ① The editor-in-chief shall be appointed among members with prominent academic achievements by the chairman
- ② The associate editors shall be appointed by the chairman upon the recommendation of the editor-in-chief. The each one (1) associate editor shall be nominated from the field of humanities & social science and natural science, respectively.
- ③ The board members shall be elected by the editor-in-chief and appointed by the president upon the recommendation of each subcommittee.
- ④ The editor-in-chief and members of the board shall serve two years, and can be re-appointed.
Article 4 (Duty)
The board shall serve the following major duties:
- 1. Journal submission and review of the publications for the Korean Alliance for Health, Physical Education, and Dance official academic journals; the “International Journal of Human Movement Science".
- 2. The compilation and publication of the "International Journal of Human Movement Science".
- 3. The compilation and publication of other scholarly books.
Article 5 (Operation)
- ① The board, in order to evaluate the acceptability of submitted papers for the “International Journal of Human Movement Science”, shall assign reviewer for every paper and accept the publication of article on the basis of comments by the selected appraisers.
- ② The English editorial board shall be held three (3) times per year. The board shall also convene either when the editor-in-chief or majority of the board members assess the meeting imperative.
- ③ The session of the board shall begin when over two thirds of the board members attends, and decide with the approval of majority of the attend. The editor-in-chief has the vote, in case of a tie, the editor-in-chief shall have the authority to break the tie.
- ④ The editor-in-chief may, when deemed necessary, set up an internal Subcommittee.
- ⑤ The editor-in-chief may place a managing editor to efficiently perform a task.
- ⑥ The board shall appropriate related budget and claim to the president of the Korean Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance.
Article 6 (Report of Business Plan)
- ① The board must submit yearly business plan to the board of directors and obtain an approval.
- ② The board must inform result of the business to the board of directors and general assembly.
Article 7 (Editing and Review Process)
- ① The “International Journal of Human Movement Science” shall be published three (3) volumes (June and December) a year.
- ② The Editorial Board shall be responsible for reviewing and accepting the submitted paper under the submission and the reviewing res.
- ③ At the end of the each volume, all the titles and the name index of the papers shall be inserted.
- ④ A paper selected through review process shall be published as soon as possible.
- ⑤ A paper shall be included in an initial submission date order.
- ⑥ Review by-law of paper complies with the by-law of the Korean Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance, and the appointment of reviewers shall be carried out by the editor-in-chief upon the recommendation of the board members.
- ⑦ The list of board members, submission and review guideline, publication by-law, ethical code of conduct, and copyright transfer form shall be inserted in each volume.
- ⑧ Submitted research paper shall be decided to be published through a prescribed review guideline appointed by an additional peer review. The peer review for journal guidelines shall be revised upon the approval of two thirds of the board members.
Article 8 (Supplementary Provision)
Matters that are not explicitly covered by this by-law will be handled by the Editorial Board.
- 1. The revision of this by-law must be deliberated by the board of editors and approved by the board of directors.
- 2. These Articles of Association shall be effective from the day of approval by the board of directors.
Policy enactment date: April 31, 1983
Policy revision date: February 23, 2000
Policy revision date: December 26, 2006
Policy revision date: December 5, 2007
Policy revision date: December 27, 2011
Policy revision date: April 25, 2013
Policy revision date: December 16, 2016
Policy revision date: February 3, 2017
Policy revision date: October 12, 2017